Friday 15 July 2016

Review: Songs About a Girl

Songs About a Girl Songs About a Girl by Chris Russell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow. If you like music and you like YA, you have to read this book. I've been veering away from YA for a while, preferring something a bit more adult to entertain me, but this was the perfect book to return to the genre with. Russell's sixteen year-old Charlie is such a great character - she's so realistic, as are all of the other characters around her. This is a start cast, and not just because half of it is made up of a famous boyband. Russell gives us a glimpse of the hardships of fame, the realities of working in the music business, and the real people behind the stardom. There's a backstory running through the book that keeps it interesting too, one which raises some questions that are not yet answered so be prepared for a bit of a cliffhanger.
Full of excitement, sweet romance and drama between family and friends, Songs About a Girl is one of the best things I've read in a while and I hope the next book is released in a timely fashion as I really want to know what happens next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment